We are fully committed to comprehensive safeguarding practices aimed at ensuring children are safe in both school and at home. The following is a summary of our safeguarding in practice here at Mendell Primary School:
· All staff complete an enhanced DBS check as part of the recruitment procedure and are made aware of our safeguarding policies & procedures during their induction.
· All staff annually attend safeguarding training.
· When conducting any recruitment, one member of the interview panel will have completed the 'Safer Recruitment' training programme.
· All visitors to school are signed in at reception and accompanied by a member of staff whilst in school.
· Visiting professionals / supply staff are asked to show photographic identification prior to entering school and their DBS details are confirmed by their employer.
· All adults who collect children from school at any point in the school day must be on the contact list in the office/classroom or children cannot leave the building .
· All permanent members of staff have photographic ID for swipe-card entry
· All entry points into the building are safeguarded with self-locking security doors.
· The PSHCE curriculum teaches children how to look after themselves and to keep safe and identifies safe adults beyond the family to confide in at times of distress or identified danger
· Online Safety is a taught module within the Computing curriculum which happens in the first half term of each new school year. Online Safety is continually referred back to in the teaching of Computing lessons
Designated Safeguarding Lead – Mrs O’Neill Edwards
Designated Safeguarding Deputy – Mr Cowley
Designated Safeguarding Deputy – Mrs Wearing