As a school we are always looking for ways to communicate better with our parents, carers and community. In order to do this, we have updated how we will be sending information out:
- This will now be the primary method of communicating with parents / carers.
- Please ensure that the school office has your current email address.
- If you don’t have one and would like support creating/using one, please contact the school office.
- If you would like more than one person in your household/family to receive emails, please contact the school office.
- This is a new, updated website which has a calendar showing all upcoming events, a news section, a page with all letters that are sent home and all the other information you might want about our school.
- All information emailed to parents / carers will be available on the website.
Facebook (search for @mendellprimary) / Twitter (@MendellPrimary)
- Social media will be used to
- Remind parents about key events
- Showcase what your children are learning about in school
- Let people know when new news articles or updates have been added to the school website
- Please remember that social media is there to pass information to parents / carers and not to raise concerns or issues which should as always be directed to the school office.
- This will now be used to:
- Inform parents / carers of important, time critical information (i.e. if the school is closed due to weather or a school trip is going to arrive back to school late)
- Inform parents / carers when monies are owed for school trips / school dinners.
- Please ensure that the school office have your current mobile phone number.
- Text messages will no longer be used to remind parents / carers regarding forthcoming events, this will be done via email, Twitter, Facebook and the school website.